Wednesday, August 15, 2012

David Cronenberg on TDKR, Nolan, Superhero Movies.


       In a recent 'NextMovie' interview with David Cronenberg, a respected director of many films, he had expressed his disappointment and perception of the dark knight rises, the batman by nolan trilogy, and superhero movies itself.

He was quoted saying:

"I don’t think they are making them an elevated art form. I think it’s still Batman running around in a stupid cape. I just don’t think it’s elevated. Christopher Nolan’s best movie is “Memento,” and that is an interesting movie. I don’t think his Batman movies are half as interesting though they’re 20 million times the expense. What he is doing is some very interesting technical stuff, which, you know, he’s shooting IMAX and in 3-D. That’s really tricky and difficult to do. I read about it in “American Cinematography Magazine,” and technically, that’s all very interesting. The movie, to me, they’re mostly boring."-David Cronenberg, NextMovie (Badass Digest).

"But a superhero movie, by definition, you know, it’s comic book. It’s for kids. It’s adolescent in its core. That has always been its appeal, and I think people who are saying, you know, “Dark Knight Rises” is, you know, supreme cinema art,” I don’t think they know what the f**k they’re talking about."-David Cronenberg, NextMovie (Badass Digest).

       I'm sure I'm not the only one disagree with him, I'm sure almost everyone does. I have no other things to say, than "wow, what the hell".............

No comments:

Post a Comment